Definitions of challenge:
- noun: a demand by a sentry for a password or identification
- noun: questioning a statement and demanding an explanation
Example: "His challenge of the assumption that Japan is still our enemy"
- noun: a formal objection to the selection of a particular person as a juror
- noun: a call to engage in a contest or fight
- noun: a demanding or stimulating situation
Example: "They reacted irrationally to the challenge of Russian power"
- verb: raise a formal objection in a court of law
- verb: ask for identification
Example: "The illegal immigrant was challenged by the border guard"
- verb: issue a challenge to
Example: "Fischer challenged Spassky to a match"
- verb: take exception to
Example: "She challenged his claims"
Search for challenge at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse