Definitions of char:
- noun: any of several small-scaled trout
- noun: a charred substance
- noun: a human female who does housework
Example: "The char will clean the carpet"
- verb: burn to charcoal
Example: "Without a drenching rain, the forest fire will char everything"
- verb: burn slightly and superficially so as to affect color
Example: "The fire charred the ceiling above the mantelpiece"
- name: A surname (very rare: popularity rank in the U.S.: #47964)
Search for char at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse