Definitions of characteristic:
- noun: a distinguishing quality
- noun: any measurable property of a device measured under closely specified conditions
- noun: the integer part (positive or negative) of the representation of a logarithm; in the expression log 643 = 2.808 the characteristic is 2
- noun: a prominent aspect of something
Example: "Generosity is one of his best characteristics"
- adjective: typical or distinctive
Example: "Heard my friend's characteristic laugh"
Search for characteristic at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse