Definitions of cheat:
- noun: a deception for profit to yourself
- noun: the act of swindling by some fraudulent scheme
- noun: someone who leads you to believe something that is not true
- noun: weedy annual native to Europe but widely distributed as a weed especially in wheat
- noun: weedy annual grass often occurs in grainfields and other cultivated land; seeds sometimes considered poisonous
- verb: deprive somebody of something by deceit
Example: "We were cheated by their clever-sounding scheme"
- verb: engage in deceitful behavior; practice trickery or fraud
- verb: defeat someone in an expectation through trickery or deceit
- verb: be sexually unfaithful to one's partner in marriage
Example: "She cheats on her husband"
Search for cheat at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse