Definitions of chicane:
- noun: a movable barrier used in motor racing; sometimes place before a dangerous corner to reduce speed as cars pass in single file
- noun: a bridge hand that is void of trumps
- noun: the use of tricks to deceive someone (usually to extract money from them)
- verb: raise trivial objections
- verb: defeat someone in an expectation through trickery or deceit
Search for chicane at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
Use in a sentence...