Definitions of chorus:
- noun: any utterance produced simultaneously by a group
Example: "A chorus of boos"
- noun: a group of people assembled to sing together
- noun: a company of actors who comment (by speaking or singing in unison) on the action in a classical Greek play
- noun: a body of dancers or singers who perform together
- noun: the part of a song where a soloist is joined by a group of singers
- verb: utter in unison
Example: "`yes,' the children chorused"
- verb: sing in a choir
Search for chorus at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse