Definitions of closed:
- adjective: not open or affording passage or access
Example: "The many closed streets made travel difficult"
- adjective: used especially of mouth or eyes
Example: "He sat quietly with closed eyes"
- adjective: blocked against entry
Example: "A closed porch"
- adjective: of a curve or surface; having no end points or boundary curves; of a set; having members that can be produced by a specific operation on other members of the same set; of an interval; containing both its endpoints
- adjective: not having an open mind
Example: "A closed mind unreceptive to new ideas"
- adjective: not open to the general public
Example: "A closed meeting"
- adjective: with shutters closed
- adjective: shut down
Example: "The airport is closed because of the weather"
- adjective: (of the wings of birds and insects) closed together
- adjective: not open
Search for closed at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse