Definitions of clutch:
- noun: a coupling that connects or disconnects driving and driven parts of a driving mechanism
- noun: a pedal that operates a clutch
- noun: a number of birds hatched at the same time
- noun: a tense critical situation
Example: "He is a good man in the clutch"
- noun: a collection of things or persons to be handled together
- noun: the act of grasping
- verb: affect
- verb: take hold of; grab
Example: "She clutched her purse"
- verb: hold firmly, usually with one's hands
Example: "She clutched my arm when she got scared"
Search for clutch at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse