Definitions of code:
- noun: a coding system used for transmitting messages requiring brevity or secrecy
- noun: (computer science) the symbolic arrangement of data or instructions in a computer program or the set of such instructions
- noun: a set of rules or principles or laws (especially written ones)
- verb: attach a code to
Example: "Code the pieces with numbers so that you can identify them later"
- verb: convert ordinary language into code
Example: "We should encode the message for security reasons"
- name: A surname (very rare: popularity rank in the U.S.: #38357)
Search for code at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse