Lyrics and poems
Synonyms / Related
Definitions of color:
- noun: the appearance of objects (or light sources) described in terms of a person's perception of their hue and lightness (or brightness) and saturation
- noun: a visual attribute of things that results from the light they emit or transmit or reflect
Example: "A white color is made up of many different wavelengths of light"
- noun: the timbre of a musical sound
Example: "The recording fails to capture the true color of the original music"
- noun: interest and variety and intensity
Example: "The Puritan Period was lacking in color"
- noun: (physics) the characteristic of quarks that determines their role in the strong interaction; each flavor of quarks comes in three colors
- noun: a race with skin pigmentation different from the white race (especially Blacks)
- noun: an outward or token appearance or form that is deliberately misleading
Example: "The situation soon took on a different color"
- noun: any material used for its color
Example: "She used a different color for the trim"
- verb: modify or bias
Example: "His political ideas color his lectures"
- verb: add color to
Example: "The child colored the drawings"
- verb: gloss or excuse
Example: "Color a lie"
- verb: decorate with colors
Example: "Color the walls with paint in warm tones"
- verb: affect as in thought or feeling
Example: "My personal feelings color my judgment in this case"
- verb: change color, often in an undesired manner
Example: "The shirts discolored"
- adjective: having or capable of producing colors
Example: "Color film"
Search for color at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
(New!) Usage examples...
Copyright © 2019 Datamuse