Lyrics and poems
Synonyms / Related
Definitions of come:
- verb: experience orgasm
Example: "She could not come because she was too upset"
- verb: to be the product or result
Example: "Melons come from a vine"
- verb: develop into
- verb: extend or reach
Example: "The sleeves come to your knuckles"
- verb: enter or assume a condition, relation, use, or position
Example: "Your wish will come true"
- verb: exist or occur in a certain point in a series
- verb: come to pass; arrive, as in due course
Example: "Dawn comes early in June"
- verb: be found or available
Example: "These shoes come in three colors"
- verb: happen as a result
Example: "Nothing good will come of this"
- verb: reach a state, relation, or condition
- verb: have a certain priority
Example: "My family comes first"
- verb: cover a certain distance
- verb: move toward, travel toward something or somebody or approach something or somebody
Example: "Come with me to the Casbah"
- verb: be received
- verb: come under, be classified or included
Example: "This comes under a new heading"
- verb: come from; be connected by a relationship of blood, for example
Example: "He comes from humble origins"
- verb: be a native of
- verb: come forth
- verb: come to one's mind; suggest itself
- verb: reach a destination; arrive by movement or progress
- verb: proceed or get along
Example: "He's come a long way"
- verb: add up in number or quantity
- name: A surname (very rare: popularity rank in the U.S.: #52397)
Search for come at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
(New!) Usage examples...
Copyright © 2018 Datamuse