Lyrics and poems
Synonyms / Related
Definitions of command:
- noun: availability for use
Example: "The materials at the command of the potters grew"
- noun: the power or authority to command
Example: "An admiral in command"
- noun: great skillfulness and knowledge of some subject or activity
Example: "A good command of French"
- noun: an authoritative direction or instruction to do something
- noun: a military unit or region under the control of a single officer
- noun: a position of highest authority
Example: "The corporation has just undergone a change in command"
- noun: (computer science) a line of code written as part of a computer program
- verb: make someone do something
- verb: be in command of
Example: "The general commanded a huge army"
- verb: demand as one's due
Example: "This speaker commands a high fee"
- verb: exercise authoritative control or power over
Example: "Command the military forces"
- verb: look down on
Search for command at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
(New!) Usage examples...
Copyright © 2019 Datamuse