Definitions of comment:
- noun: a written explanation or criticism or illustration that is added to a book or other textual material
Example: "He wrote an extended comment on the proposal"
- noun: a statement that expresses a personal opinion or belief
Example: "From time to time she contributed a personal comment on his account"
- noun: a report (often malicious) about the behavior of other people
- verb: explain or interpret something
- verb: make or write a comment on
Example: "He commented the paper of his colleague"
- verb: provide interlinear explanations for words or phrases
- name: A surname (very rare: popularity rank in the U.S.: #86580)
Search for comment at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse