Definitions of community:
- noun: (ecology) a group of interdependent organisms inhabiting the same region and interacting with each other
- noun: a group of people living in a particular local area
Example: "The team is drawn from all parts of the community"
- noun: a group of people having ethnic or cultural or religious characteristics in common
Example: "The Christian community of the apostolic age"
- noun: a group of nations having common interests
Example: "They hoped to join the NATO community"
- noun: common ownership
Example: "They shared a community of possessions"
- noun: agreement as to goals
Example: "The preachers and the bootleggers found they had a community of interests"
- noun: the body of people in a learned occupation
Example: "The news spread rapidly through the medical community"
- noun: a district where people live; occupied primarily by private residences
Search for community at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
Copyright © 2020 Datamuse