Definitions of compose:
- verb: form the substance of
Example: "Greed and ambition composed his personality"
- verb: put together out of existing material
- verb: write music
Example: "Beethoven composed nine symphonies"
- verb: calm (someone, especially oneself); make quiet
Example: "She had to compose herself before she could reply to this terrible insult"
- verb: draw up the plans or basic details for
- verb: produce a literary work
Example: "She composed a poem"
Search for compose at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse