Lyrics and poems
Synonyms / Related
Definitions of composition:
- noun: something that is created by arranging several things to form a unified whole
Example: "He envied the composition of their faculty"
- noun: the spatial property resulting from the arrangement of parts in relation to each other and to the whole
Example: "Harmonious composition is essential in a serious work of art"
- noun: an essay (especially one written as an assignment)
Example: "He got an A on his composition"
- noun: a mixture of ingredients
- noun: musical creation
- noun: the way in which someone or something is composed
- noun: art and technique of printing with movable type
- noun: the act of creating written works
- noun: a musical work that has been created
Example: "The composition is written in four movements"
Search for composition at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
(New!) Usage examples...