Definitions of confirmation:
- noun: a sacrament admitting a baptized person to full participation in the church
- noun: a ceremony held in the synagogue (usually at Pentecost) to admit as adult members of the Jewish community young men and women who have successfully completed a course of study in Judaism
- noun: additional proof that something that was believed (some fact or hypothesis or theory) is correct
Example: "Fossils provided further confirmation of the evolutionary theory"
- noun: information that confirms or verifies
- noun: making something valid by formally ratifying or confirming it
Example: "Confirmation of the appointment"
Search for confirmation at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse