Definitions of conjugate:
- noun: a mixture of two partially miscible liquids A and B produces two conjugate solutions: one of A in B and another of B in A
- verb: unite chemically so that the product is easily broken down into the original compounds
- verb: undergo conjugation
- verb: add inflections showing person, number, gender, tense, aspect, etc.
Example: "Conjugate the verb"
- adjective: of a pinnate leaflet; having only one pair of leaflets
- adjective: joined together especially in a pair or pairs
- adjective: of an organic compound; containing two or more double bonds each separated from the other by a single bond
- adjective: formed by the union of two compounds
Example: "A conjugated protein"
Search for conjugate at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse