Definitions of consecrate:
- verb: render holy by means of religious rites
- verb: appoint to a clerical posts
- verb: dedicate to a deity by a vow
- verb: give entirely to a specific person, activity, or cause
Example: "Consecrate your life to the church"
- adjective: solemnly dedicated to or set apart for a high purpose
Example: "A life consecrated to science"
Search for consecrate at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse