Definitions of construct:
- noun: an abstract or general idea inferred or derived from specific instances
- verb: draw with suitable instruments and under specified conditions
Example: "Construct an equilateral triangle"
- verb: make by combining materials and parts
Example: "Some eccentric constructed an electric brassiere warmer"
- verb: create by organizing and linking ideas, arguments, or concepts
Example: "Construct a proof"
- verb: create by linking linguistic units
Example: "Construct a sentence"
- verb: reassemble mentally
Example: "Reconstruct the events of 20 years ago"
- verb: put together out of components or parts
Search for construct at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse