Definitions of conventional:
- adjective: conforming with accepted standards
Example: "A conventional view of the world"
- adjective: represented in simplified or symbolic form
- adjective: following accepted customs and proprieties
Example: "Conventional wisdom"
- adjective: unimaginative and conformist
Example: "Conventional bourgeois lives"
- adjective: (weapons) using non-nuclear energy for propulsion or destruction
Example: "Conventional warfare"
- adjective: in accord with or being a tradition or practice accepted from the past
Example: "A conventional church wedding with the bride in traditional white"
- adjective: rigidly formal or bound by convention
Search for conventional at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse