Definitions of crane:
- noun: large long-necked wading bird of marshes and plains in many parts of the world
- noun: lifts and moves heavy objects; lifting tackle is suspended from a pivoted boom that rotates around a vertical axis
- noun: United States poet (1899-1932)
- noun: United States writer (1871-1900)
- verb: stretch (the neck) so as to see better
Example: "The women craned their necks to see the President drive by"
- name: A surname (common: 1 in 7142 families; popularity rank in the U.S.: #843)
Search for crane at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse