Definitions of crown:
- noun: the part of a hat (the vertex) covering the crown of the head
- noun: an ornamental jewelled headdress signifying sovereignty
- noun: a wreath or garland worn on the head to signify victory
- noun: the center of a cambered road
- noun: the enamel covered part of a tooth above the gum
- noun: the Crown (or the reigning monarch) as the symbol of the power and authority of a monarchy
Example: "The colonies revolted against the Crown"
- noun: the upper branches and leaves of a tree
- noun: an English coin worth 5 shillings
- noun: the award given to the champion
- noun: the top point of a mountain or hill
- noun: the top of the head
- verb: invest with regal power; enthrone
Example: "The prince was crowned in Westminster Abbey"
- verb: form the topmost part of
Example: "A weather vane crowns the building"
- verb: be the culminating event
Example: "The speech crowned the meeting"
- verb: put an enamel cover on
Example: "Crown my teeth"
- name: A surname (rare: 1 in 100000 families; popularity rank in the U.S.: #14093)
Search for crown at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
Use in a sentence...
Copyright © 2020 Datamuse