Definitions of Curl:
- noun: American chemist who with Richard Smalley and Harold Kroto discovered fullerenes and opened a new branch of chemistry (born in 1933)
- noun: a strand or cluster of hair
- noun: a round shape formed by a series of concentric circles
- verb: form a curl, curve, or kink
Example: "The cigar smoke curled up at the ceiling"
- verb: play the Scottish game of curling
- verb: twist or roll into coils or ringlets
Example: "Curl my hair, please"
- verb: shape one's body into a curl
Example: "She curled farther down under the covers"
- verb: wind around something in coils or loops
- name: A surname (rare: 1 in 50000 families; popularity rank in the U.S.: #6975)
Search for Curl at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse