Definitions of current:
- noun: a steady flow (usually from natural causes)
Example: "The raft floated downstream on the current"
- noun: a flow of electricity through a conductor
Example: "The current was measured in amperes"
- noun: dominant course (suggestive of running water) of successive events or ideas
Example: "The current of history"
- adjective: occurring in or belonging to the present time
Example: "Current events"
- name: A surname (rare: 1 in 100000 families; popularity rank in the U.S.: #11090)
Search for current at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse