Definitions of curve:
- noun: a baseball thrown with spin so that its path curves as it approach the batter
- noun: a line on a graph representing data
- noun: the trace of a point whose direction of motion changes
- noun: curved segment (of a road or river or railroad track etc.)
- noun: the property possessed by the curving of a line or surface
- verb: extend in curves and turns
- verb: form a curl, curve, or kink
- verb: bend or cause to bend
Example: "The road curved sharply"
- verb: form an arch or curve
Example: "Her hips curve nicely"
- verb: turn sharply; change direction abruptly
Search for curve at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse