Definitions of dance:
- noun: an artistic form of nonverbal communication
- noun: a party for social dancing
- noun: a party of people assembled for dancing
- noun: taking a series of rhythmical steps (and movements) in time to music
- verb: skip, leap, or move up and down or sideways
Example: "The children danced with joy"
- verb: move in a pattern; usually to musical accompaniment; do or perform a dance
Example: "My husband and I like to dance at home to the radio"
- verb: move in a graceful and rhythmical way
Example: "The young girl danced into the room"
- name: A surname (rare: 1 in 100000 families; popularity rank in the U.S.: #9145)
Search for dance at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse