Definitions of debate:
- noun: the formal presentation of and opposition to a stated proposition (usually followed by a vote)
- noun: a discussion in which reasons are advanced for and against some proposition or proposal
- verb: argue with one another
Example: "We debated the question of abortion"
- verb: discuss the pros and cons of an issue
- verb: think about carefully; weigh
- verb: have an argument about something
Search for debate at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse