Definitions of decay:
- noun: the organic phenomenon of rotting
- noun: a gradual decrease; as of stored charge or current
- noun: the process of gradually becoming inferior
- noun: the spontaneous disintegration of a radioactive substance along with the emission of ionizing radiation
- noun: an inferior state resulting from the process of decaying
Example: "The corpse was in an advanced state of decay"
- verb: undergo decay or decomposition
Example: "The body started to decay and needed to be cremated"
- verb: fall into decay or ruin
Example: "The unoccupied house started to decay"
- verb: lose a stored charge, magnetic flux, or current
Search for decay at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse