Definitions of decent:
- adjective: observing conventional sexual mores in speech or behavior or dress
Example: "Though one of her shoulder straps had slipped down, she was perfectly decent by current standards"
- adjective: decently clothed
Example: "Are you decent?"
- adjective: socially or conventionally correct; refined or virtuous
Example: "From a decent family"
- adjective: conforming to conventions of sexual behavior
Example: "Speech in this circle, if not always decent, never became lewd- George Santayana"
- adjective: enough to meet a purpose
Example: "A decent wage"
- adjective: according with custom or propriety
Example: "A decent burial"
- adverb: in the right manner
Example: "Can't you carry me decent?"
- name: A surname (very rare: popularity rank in the U.S.: #44125)
Search for decent at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse