Definitions of defend:
- verb: be the defense counsel for someone in a trial
Example: "Ms. Smith will represent the defendant"
- verb: argue or speak in defense of
- verb: be on the defensive; act against an attack
- verb: protect against a challenge or attack
- verb: state or assert
- verb: protect or fight for as a champion
- verb: fight against or resist strongly
Search for defend at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse