Definitions of desolate:
- verb: reduce in population
- verb: leave someone who needs or counts on you; leave in the lurch
- verb: devastate or ravage
- adjective: crushed by grief
Example: "Depressed and desolate of soul"
- adjective: pitiable in circumstances especially through abandonment
Example: "Desolate and despairing"
- adjective: made uninhabitable
- adjective: providing no shelter or sustenance
Example: "The desolate surface of the moon"
Search for desolate at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse