Definitions of detached:
- adjective: being or feeling set or kept apart from others
Example: "She felt detached from the group"
- adjective: used of buildings; standing apart from others
Example: "Detached houses"
- adjective: no longer connected or joined
Example: "A detached part"
- adjective: not fixed in position
Example: "The detached shutter fell on him"
- adjective: showing lack of emotional involvement
Example: "She may be detached or even unfeeling but at least she's not hypocritically effusive"
Search for detached at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse