Definitions of detail:
- noun: an isolated fact that is considered separately from the whole
Example: "Several of the details are similar"
- noun: extended treatment of particulars
Example: "The essay contained too much detail"
- noun: a crew of workers selected for a particular task
Example: "A detail was sent to remove the fallen trees"
- noun: a small part that can be considered separately from the whole
Example: "It was perfect in all details"
- noun: a temporary military unit
- verb: assign to a specific task
Example: "The ambulances were detailed to the fire station"
- verb: provide details for
Search for detail at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia