Lyrics and poems
Synonyms / Related
Definitions of dirty:
- verb: make soiled, filthy, or dirty
- adjective: expressing or revealing hostility or dislike
Example: "Dirty looks"
- adjective: obtained illegally or by improper means
Example: "Dirty money"
- adjective: (of a manuscript) defaced with changes
Example: "Foul (or dirty) copy"
- adjective: vile; despicable
Example: "A dirty (or lousy) trick"
- adjective: (of color) discolored by impurities; not bright and clear
Example: "Dirty is often used in combination"
- adjective: unpleasantly stormy
Example: "There's dirty weather in the offing"
- adjective: soiled or likely to soil with dirt or grime
Example: "Dirty unswept sidewalks"
- adjective: (of behavior or especially language) characterized by obscenity or indecency
Example: "Dirty words"
- adjective: spreading pollution or contamination; especially radioactive contamination
Example: "The air near the foundry was always dirty"
- adjective: unethical or dishonest
Example: "Dirty police officers"
- adjective: contaminated with infecting organisms
Example: "Dirty wounds"
- adjective: violating accepted standards or rules
Example: "A dirty fighter"
Search for dirty at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
(New!) Usage examples...
Copyright © 2019 Datamuse