Lyrics and poems
Synonyms / Related
Definitions of discover:
- verb: see for the first time; make a discovery
Example: "Who discovered the North Pole?"
- verb: make a discovery
Example: "The story is false, so far as I can discover"
- verb: make a discovery, make a new finding
Example: "Roentgen discovered X-rays"
- verb: find unexpectedly
- verb: identify as in botany or biology, for example
- verb: discover or determine the existence, presence, or fact of
- verb: make known to the public information that was previously known only to a few people or that was meant to be kept a secret
- verb: get to know or become aware of, usually accidentally
Search for discover at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
(New!) Usage examples...
Copyright © 2019 Datamuse