Definitions of dismiss:
- verb: stop associating with
- verb: bar from attention or consideration
Example: "She dismissed his advances"
- verb: cease to consider; put out of judicial consideration
Example: "This case is dismissed!"
- verb: end one's encounter with somebody by causing or permitting the person to leave
Example: "I was dismissed after I gave my report"
- verb: declare void
- verb: terminate the employment of
Search for dismiss at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse