Definitions of display:
- noun: something shown to the public
- noun: a visual representation of something
- noun: an electronic device that represents information in visual form
- noun: something intended to communicate a particular impression
Example: "Made a display of strength"
- noun: exhibiting openly in public view
Example: "A display of courage"
- noun: behavior that makes your feelings public
Example: "A display of emotion"
- verb: attract attention by displaying some body part or posing; of animals
- verb: make clear and visible
- verb: to show, make visible or apparent
Example: "National leaders will have to display the highest skills of statesmanship"
Search for display at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse