Definitions of divine:
- noun: a clergyman or other person in religious orders
- noun: terms referring to the Judeo-Christian God
- verb: perceive intuitively or through some inexplicable perceptive powers
- verb: search by divining, as if with a rod
Example: "He claimed he could divine underground water"
- adjective: appropriate to or befitting a god
Example: "The divine strength of Achilles"
- adjective: devoted to or in the service or worship of a deity
Example: "Divine worship"
- adjective: of such surpassing excellence as to suggest divine inspiration
Example: "Her pies were simply divine"
- adjective: emanating from God
Example: "Divine judgment"
- adjective: being or having the nature of a god
Example: "The custom of killing the divine king upon any serious failure of his...powers-J.G.Frazier"
- adjective: resulting from divine providence
- name: A surname (rare: 1 in 100000 families; popularity rank in the U.S.: #10641)
Search for divine at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse