Lyrics and poems
Synonyms / Related
Definitions of door:
- noun: a swinging or sliding barrier that will close the entrance to a room or building or vehicle
Example: "He knocked on the door"
- noun: a room that is entered via a door
Example: "His office is the third door down the hall on the left"
- noun: a structure where people live or work (usually ordered along a street or road)
Example: "The office next door"
- noun: anything providing a means of access (or escape)
Example: "We closed the door to Haitian immigrants"
- noun: the entrance (the space in a wall) through which you enter or leave a room or building; the space that a door can close
Example: "He stuck his head in the doorway"
- name: A surname (very rare: popularity rank in the U.S.: #35939)
Search for door at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
(New!) Usage examples...