Definitions of drill:
- noun: (military) the training of soldiers to march (as in ceremonial parades) or to perform the manual of arms
- noun: similar to the mandrill but smaller and less brightly colored
- noun: a tool with a sharp point and cutting edges for making holes in hard materials (usually rotating rapidly or by repeated blows)
- noun: systematic training by multiple repetitions
- verb: train in the military, e.g., in the use of weapons
- verb: undergo military training or do military exercises
- verb: learn by repetition
Example: "We drilled French verbs every day"
- verb: teach by repetition
- verb: make a hole with a pointed power or hand tool
Example: "Don't drill here, there's a gas pipe"
Search for drill at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse