Definitions of due:
- noun: that which is deserved or owed
Example: "Give the devil his due"
- noun: a payment that is due (e.g., as the price of membership)
Example: "The society dropped him for non-payment of dues"
- adjective: reasonable in the circumstances
Example: "Gave my comments due consideration"
- adjective: owed and payable immediately or on demand
Example: "Payment is due"
- adjective: suitable to or expected in the circumstances
Example: "All due respect"
- adjective: proper and appropriate; fitting
Example: "Due esteem"
- adverb: directly or exactly; straight
Example: "Went due North"
- name: A surname (rare: 1 in 100000 families; popularity rank in the U.S.: #16967)
Search for due at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse