Definitions of dun:
- noun: horse of a dull brownish gray color
- noun: a color varying around light grayish brown
Example: "She wore a dun raincoat"
- verb: make a dun color
- verb: cure by salting
Example: "Dun codfish"
- verb: persistently ask for overdue payment
Example: "The grocer dunned his customers every day by telephone"
- verb: treat cruelly
- adjective: of a dull grayish brown to brownish gray color
Example: "The dun and dreary prairie"
- name: A surname (very rare: popularity rank in the U.S.: #43968)
Search for dun at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia