Definitions of eat:
- verb: eat a meal; take a meal
Example: "We did not eat until 10 P.M. because there were so many phone calls"
- verb: take in solid food
Example: "She was eating a banana"
- verb: worry or cause anxiety in a persistent way
Example: "What's eating you?"
- verb: cause to deteriorate due to the action of water, air, or an acid
- verb: take in food; used of animals only
Example: "This dog doesn't eat certain kinds of meat"
- verb: use up (resources or materials)
Search for eat at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse