Definitions of edge:
- noun: a sharp side formed by the intersection of two surfaces of an object
Example: "He rounded the edges of the box"
- noun: a strip near the boundary of an object
- noun: a slight competitive advantage
Example: "He had an edge on the competition"
- noun: the attribute of urgency
Example: "His voice had an edge to it"
- noun: the boundary of a surface
- noun: a line determining the limits of an area
- verb: advance slowly, as if by inches
Example: "He edged towards the car"
- verb: provide with an edge
Example: "Edge a blade"
- verb: provide with a border or edge
Example: "Edge the tablecloth with embroidery"
- verb: lie adjacent to another or share a boundary
- name: A surname (rare: 1 in 25000 families; popularity rank in the U.S.: #3010)
Search for edge at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse