Definitions of elaborate:
- verb: work out in detail
Example: "Elaborate a plan"
- verb: add details, as to an account or idea; clarify the meaning of and discourse in a learned way, usually in writing
Example: "She elaborated on the main ideas in her dissertation"
- verb: produce from basic elements or sources; change into a more developed product
Example: "The bee elaborates honey"
- verb: make more complex, intricate, or richer
- adjective: marked by complexity and richness of detail
Example: "An elaborate lace pattern"
- adjective: developed or executed with care and in minute detail
Example: "The elaborate register of the inhabitants prevented tax evasion- John Buchan"
Search for elaborate at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse