Definitions of elevation:
- noun: drawing of an exterior of a structure
- noun: (ballet) the height of a dancer's leap or jump
Example: "A dancer of exceptional elevation"
- noun: distance of something above a reference point (such as sea level)
Example: "There was snow at the higher elevations"
- noun: the event of something being raised upward
Example: "An elevation of the temperature in the afternoon"
- noun: angular distance above the horizon (especially of a celestial object)
- noun: a raised or elevated geological formation
- noun: the act of increasing the wealth or prestige or power or scope of something
Example: "His elevation to cardinal"
- noun: the highest level or degree attainable
Search for elevation at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse