Definitions of embrace:
- noun: a close affectionate and protective acceptance
Example: "His willing embrace of new ideas"
- noun: the act of clasping another person in the arms (as in greeting or affection)
- noun: the state of taking in or encircling
Example: "An island in the embrace of the sea"
- verb: include in scope; include as part of something broader; have as one's sphere or territory
- verb: hug, usually with fondness
Example: "They embraced"
- verb: take up the cause, ideology, practice, method, of someone and use it as one's own
Example: "She embraced Catholocism"
Search for embrace at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse