Definitions of establishment:
- noun: a public or private structure (business or governmental or educational) including buildings and equipment for business or residence
- noun: the cognitive process of establishing a valid proof
- noun: any large organization
- noun: (ecology) the process by which a plant or animal becomes established in a new habitat
- noun: the act of forming something
Example: "It was the establishment of his reputation"
- noun: an organization founded and united for a specific purpose
- noun: the persons (or committees or departments etc.) who make up a body for the purpose of administering something
Example: "He quickly became recognized as a member of the establishment"
Search for establishment at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
Copyright © 2020 Datamuse