Definitions of exhaust:
- noun: system consisting of the parts of an engine through which burned gases or steam are discharged
- noun: gases ejected from an engine as waste products
- verb: use up the whole supply of
Example: "We have exhausted the food supplies"
- verb: wear out completely
Example: "This kind of work exhausts me"
- verb: deplete
Example: "Exhaust one's savings"
- verb: create a vacuum in (a bulb, flask, reaction vessel, etc.)
- verb: use up (resources or materials)
Example: "We exhausted our savings"
Search for exhaust at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse